The Art of Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is any of a variety of procedures that enhance the appearance and the health of your smile. It can renew your outlook, fill you with confidence and restore you physically and emotionally. What can a cosmetic dentist do for you?
- Transform dulled, stained teeth to bright, eye-catching smiles.
- Replace outdated, harmful mercury fillings that can actually cause damage.
- Reshape teeth that are crooked, gapped, uneven or overlapping with natural-looking veneers.
A healthy and beautiful smile will give you a new confidence that you can benefit from every day of the year. Even a little change can make a big difference. While aesthetics are very important to us at Smile Makers Dental Center, we strive to address any underlying factors that are causing cosmetic dental concerns. Fixing the root of the problem ensures the long-term success of the treatment and the best results for the patient.
Almost everyone has part of their smile that they would like to change, whether the issue is crooked teeth, an obtrusive gum line, or yellowing of the teeth. Cosmetic dentistry can address each of these problems and more with customized treatments that improve the overall aesthetics of a person’s smile.
If you are unhappy with any element of your smile, Smile Makers Dental Center can provide dedicated cosmetic care through one of three offices serving Tysons, Falls Church, Fairfax and the surrounding communities. Read on to learn exactly what cosmetic dental care can do for your smile.
While the primary goal of cosmetic dentistry is to improve the appearance of a patient’s smile, many cosmetic dental procedures will improve the health of the teeth and gums as well. Additionally, cosmetic dental care can boost your confidence and give you a younger appearance that you will want to show off.
When you visit our office for a cosmetic dentistry consultation, you might discuss a wide range of treatments, depending on the problem areas you wish to address. Here is a look at just a handful of the most popular cosmetic procedures we perform in our offices:
- Tooth Whitening– Nearly anyone can benefit from tooth whitening because daily habits can cause teeth to become stained or dull in color. Our whitening techniques include Zoom! In-office whitening, take-home whitening kits, and whitening toothpaste, so you have a wide array of options to fit into your lifestyle.
- Minor Repair – Tooth recontouring to correct minor flaws. Composite dental bonding repairs minor cracks or smoothes out the surface of a tooth
- Crowns – Teeth that have been damaged by cracks, chips, and cavities may be treated with crowns, which are tooth-shaped caps that cover the teeth. Crowns are custom fitted to match the shape, size, and color of your teeth for natural-looking results. We use zirconia instead of traditional metal for the base of the crown. A porcelain-covered zirconia crown is more translucent and resembles your natural teeth.
- Veneers – Veneers are ultra-thin porcelain caps that are placed on teeth that have been prepared with the excavation of a thin layer of tooth enamel. Lumineers and E.max veneers are also available and require less tooth preparation. Once bonded to the surfaces of the teeth, veneers can correct issues such as crowding and gaps between the teeth.
- Gum Recontouring – Issues such as a toothy smile or lengthy gum line can be easily corrected with laser-assisted gum recontouring, which is a much less invasive alternative to grafting procedures.
Your smile is as unique as you are. Therefore, we take great care in designing a smile that personally suits you. A series of careful facial measurements will help us to create a smile that is in proportion to your bone structure, age and gender.
Thanks to advances in computer technology, we are also able to show you an image of your new smile before you even begin the procedure. Through digital imaging software, we can manipulate a digital photograph of your existing smile and show you your redesigned smile. This is an excellent way to share your excitement with friends and family.
Modern technology is an integral part of cosmetic dentistry. The use of intro-oral cameras, for example, allows us to see your teeth magnified on a high-resolution monitor, resulting in better diagnosis and more conservative
treatment. Digital x-rays dramatically reduce your exposure to radiation and give us crystal clear pictures of your teeth. Our digital imaging technology allows us to show you your new smile before you even start treatment. And
our computers in each treatment room allow us immediate access to your files and health history, making sure your treatment is followed closely.
We want you to be thrilled with the final result of your new smile. For that to happen, Dr. Kallas is continually
investing in advanced education. technology and materials. He also ensures a beautiful end result by working
with the finest dental labs, specially trained in creating cosmetic restorations that mimic nature. These labs charge
a premium for their skills that many general dentists won’t invest in. Rest assured that only the finest quality
materials will be used to create your smile.
Porcelain veneers are thin sheets of ceramic that bond directly to the front surfaces of the teeth. They are an ideal
choice for improving your smile and have become increasingly popular due to their simplicity and versatility. When
bonded to the teeth, the ultra-thin porcelain veneers are virtually undetectable and highly resistant to coffee,
tea or even cigarette stains. For strength and appearance, their resemblance to healthy, white tooth enamel is
unsurpassed by other restorative options.
Bridges and dental implants can replace one tooth or several missing teeth with ease. Replacing missing teeth can
add self-confidence and also allows remaining healthy teeth to last longer by reducing the stress placed on them.
The aesthetic framing of the gum tissue is as important to the teeth as a quality frame is to an artist’s painting.
Contouring is basically a simple gum lift, but makes a tremendous difference to one’s smile. The use of a laser and
a topical anesthetic quickly reshapes the gum line creating an even more beautiful smile!
Many people achieve a whiter, brighter smile with our one-hour whitening procedure! It’s safe, quick and inexpensive.
You can whiten your upper or lower teeth or your entire smile.
The days of silver-mercury fillings are now nearly obsolete. Our practice uses no silver mercury, and will be happy to
assist you in replacing older, failing amalgam restorations. Today’s porcelain inlays and composite resins create
fillings that are not only natural looking but also stronger than materials of the past.
A little change in your smile can make a big change in your appearance. We offer cosmetic dental treatments that are quick, painless, and affordable. Our team of doctors has unique training and experience in cosmetic dentistry, specializing in minimally-invasive procedures for beautiful results.
Smile Makers Dental Center is a unique dental experience. Our facilities are state of the art with spa-like amenities to make your trip to the dentist office as relaxing as possible. More than the looks of our office, you’ll enjoy the personalized attention you will receive from our staff. You’ll personally meet with one of our cosmetic dentists who will take the time to listen to your goals and concerns.
We will explain your treatment options and together you’ll decide which treatment is best for your long-term health and happiness. Only the finest materials and technologies are used here to give you a smile of surpassing beauty. Call us at 703-349-0183 or book an appointment today!